Traditional Yellow Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced.
- 1 medium carrot, diced.
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils rinsed and picked over.
- 1 small potato, diced.
- 1 medium tomato, diced.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- fine sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
(5 servings. 1 serving = 1 cup)
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, tomato, potato and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lentil and the spices and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add the boiled water, let it boil for 2 minutes and reduce the heat and keep it for 30 minutes or until the vegetables and lentil are cooked.
- Blend the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. (Using any blender)
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice until combined
- Serve warm, garnish with an extra fresh lemon slice if desired.
Interested in our Meals?
Here’s what’s new
No products were found matching your selection.