Shish Tawook Grilled Chicken
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vegetable oil, plain yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, salt, oregano, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer the chicken mixture into a large plastic bag; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Thread the chicken, onions, and pepper onto metal skewers. Cook on preheated grill until the chicken is golden and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes each side. Sprinkle the parsley over the skewers.
Interested in our Meals?
Here’s what’s new
No products were found matching your selection.