- 1.5 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ onion, peeled and diced.
- 5 stalks celery, diced.
- 1 carrot, diced.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- ½ small jalapeno, minced.(optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/3 teaspoon yellow curry
- 2 cups low-sodium broth, chicken, or vegetable
- 5 cups water
- 100 g Tofu (cubes)
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained.
- ½ zucchini, diced.
- ½ lime, juiced.
- Salt and pepper
(serving size 1 cup = 250ml)
- Heat oil in soup pot.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook 15 minutes, until softened but not browned.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin, oregano, and curry, cook 1 minute.
- Add tofu, water, broth, and quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 15-20 minutes until vegetables are just cooked through and quinoa uncurls.
- Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes.
Just before serving, stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Interested in our Meals?
Here’s what’s new
No products were found matching your selection.