- 230g cooked chicken breast, diced.
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 tsp light butter.
- 2 tsps olive oil.
- 70 g celery root, cubed. (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup celery, sliced (1-2 stalks)
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 a small onion diced.
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced.
- 1 tsp lemon zest.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 tbsp garlic herb seasoning blend.
- 2 tsp lemon juice mixed with water.
- salt and pepper to taste.
(serving size 1 cup = 250ml)
- Dice the chicken. Peel and cut the vegetables.
- Place a lidded pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the butter, oil and all the vegetables, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Stir to coat the ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic herb seasoning blend, the chicken base and lemon-water combination.
- Stir and cover the pot to sweat the vegetables until they soften but do not brown – about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, and bring to just under a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Pierce a vegetable of each kind with a fork to check. If the fork goes through easily, it is tender.
- Add the chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
Interested in our Meals?
Here’s what’s new
No products were found matching your selection.